Friday, March 4, 2011

Chapter One


Our first two weeks after the death of mother were rather stressful. When I wasn't working I spent most of my time sculpting.




Even Carly spent most of her time inventing little gadgets.


Normally if her gadgets didn't sell then she would give them to Allen as a present.
Allen spent most of his time alone.


Sara came over every morning before Carly and I would leave for school. She lavished attention on Allen. She knew we spent our time trying to make ends meet, so she tried to make it up to him.




I felt awful for not spending more time with him. Some parental figure I was turning out to be.




We always paid the bills on time, even if doing so left us very little to live on. We'd get some money back normally through my sculptures or from Carly's little gadgets.
The second week I decided to spend some time with Allen. I sent Sara home instead of having her stay longer, and tried to teach Allen how to walk.
It was very frustrating, but rather fun.


Today is Monday, the start of our third week.


Earlier I almost finished my latest sculpture, the octopus
when I heard Carly yelling.I ran in to her workshop to see her jumping around wildly, trying to put out the fire.


"Put it out! Put it out!" Carly screamed.
"Wheres the fire extinguisher!" I yelled back.
"Door! Now put this fire out!"
I grab the fire extinguisher and aim it at Carly.


"I thought I was a goner." Carly bent over and started laughing. The fear of being burned alive must have unhinged her.
"Take a picture! Definitely have to remember this moment."


"Say llamas!"
"Llamas!"


It's official. Carly has gone insane. Who else goes right back to working after they've nearly been burned alive?


Apparently I missed something very important. Carly walked in, and I rounded on her. "Carly! Today's Allens birthday! We forgot to buy him a cake," I groaned.


"No you forgot. I remembered. And I'm the one who almost burned alive today. The cake is in the fridge. I'll get Allen while you get the cake and set it up outside."
"Right. Cake. Set up outside."


"Happy birthday little boy."
"Bugar!" Allen giggled.


Allen grew up into a very handsome little boy. Carly and I spent some time with Allen to celebrate his birthday, but Allen had other ideas of celebrating. After awhile he went into Carly's workshop and started painting.


Carly and I soon followed. We did have bills to pay.






Sorry it took so long to get the chapter out-and that it's so short.  Classes have kept me real busy, along with working on my world. I hope you keep reading though.

1 comment:

  1. I'l be waiting patiently to read more. You did a great job writing it

    ReplyDelete